We counsel various tax-exempt organizations in the areas of governmental compliance, corporate governance, leadership succession, public relations and general corporate matters.
- Drafting governance documents for Board of Directors and Board standing committees, and assisting the Board in implementing governance practices
- Assisting a corporate Board in the preparation and implementation of a succession plan for its office of the President & Chief Executive Officer
- Preparing and completing a multi-million dollar mortgage refinance for a local church
- Serving as general counsel for a national, member-based non-profit
- Preparing and implementing a strategic alliance relationship between a non-profit client and a member-based venture capital 501(c)(6) organization
- Instituting amended Bylaws for a 501(c)(6) nonprofit and its supporting organization under 509(a)(3) of the IRC.
- Counsel to an 8(a) contractor and have helped that organization with employment matters, benefits issues, and have provided general governance guidance.
- Represented a defense contractor in connection with a reorganization and cash out of former owners
- Preparing and assisting with the implementation of conflict of interest policies and disclosures for Directors, Officers and employees
- Preparing and implementing charitable giving, plans and agreements for not for profit clients
Representative Matters- Lobbying and Legislation
- Lobbying before the Maryland House and Senate on behalf of a non-profit trade association
- Working with Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation on behalf of non-profit to provide comment upon regulations and to help create and revise laws.
- Registration of trademarks, including a national non-profit organization
Representative Matters- Labor and Employment
- Termination of executive employees
- Negotiation of employment agreements for executive employee
- Establishment and implementation of deferred compensation plans for executive employees
- Negotiation of D&O coverage for directors and officers of client companies
- Drafting of director indemnification agreements